Tuesday, February 7, 2012

August 2011

I've already covered what happened the first part of August, on the Moore side anyway. These are some pictures of time spent with the Stratton side of the family while we were in Salt Lake:

Becca was excited to be reunited with Aunt Serity and Cousin Keelian again

Here I warranted a 1/2-smile from Creighton :)

Stratton was SO excited to meet Becca for the first time

He is such a loving oldest cousin

Despite the somber face here, Becca loves Stratton too

Testing her flexibility

Aunt Serity was excited to get some "loves" too

We were able to go to the Salt Lake Temple

No longer newlyweds, but still joined at the...toes?

That's talent

Creighton getting his toes muddy in the garden

Enjoying a backyard picnic

Grandma Flegal and Grandma Stratton joined us

Some of us ate and some of us played

Stratton enjoying the rope swing

Stratton and Creighton fighting for the rope swing :)

Creighton gets his turn

Keelian is too messy to be allowed a shirt

I know it's fuzzy, but I couldn't resist including this precious pose

Which they wouldn't repeat for me - this one is more manly

Food was that good, huh, Daniel?

Jacob is the best massage-giver

Serity REALLY relishes head massages

The camera was the only witness for Keelian helping herself to more Jello
(after her shirt was put back on!)

Creighton ADORES his Uncle Devin

 They are inseparable

We were celebrating Mom's birthday

Playing Mario Kart on the Wii

I told you they were inseparable!

Devin loves being an uncle

Toe-taste-testing

Fun family togetherness time

What?

Now he's ready with his dashing grin

Uncle Doug and Aunt Teresa came over with some surprise birthday gifts

They sure decked out the birthday girl so everyone would know

Mom wears it well, don't you think?

Ooh-la-la!

My "DB friends" (from working at Deseret Book) - Meliss & Gayle came to visit

Grandma Flegal and Becca

Happy to be getting better acquainted

Aunt Teresa invited a bunch of us girls in the family over for a luncheon

Four generation photo

\
Henry (hiding), Ali, and Lottie (incredulous)

"Cousins" Lottie and Becca officially meet

Becca ("Can I take a nap yet?") and Lottie ("What's wrong with her?")

What a cute peanut

"Okay, I'm waving hi to you, Mom - can I sleep now?"

Friends forever and cousins too!

Becca got her wish for a nap

Never seen her nap so well in the midst of a party

The girls with their girls

Serity, Karina, Ali, and Katie - with Keelian, Becca, Lottie, James and Ellie

 I love this cute baby!

Well, Devin left for Texas on Saturday the 6th, but Becca and I stayed behind for another week.  We had actually already bought a plane ticket for Becca and I to visit in August, so we just moved the time around a little.  We mostly just lazed about and had fun with the family - it was so good to be home, but I wish Devin could've stayed too.

Trent decided to make Becca a "baby pirate"

We went up Millcreek Canyon for Family Home Evening 
(yes, I am wearing Jacob's pants and Grandpa Stratton's shirt - I didn't bring proper mountain attire)

Trent, hold Becca for a picture - not that way!

Not that way either!

Becca's tired of Uncle Trent's games

 I think this shirt is adorable

No one can get enough of Becca

And she loves the attention

Keely and Shar

Daniel is hungry enough to eat Trent's face next

Mom and Dad, mid-bite, like the kind photographer that I am

"Lunch-box" is always excited about food

Sharlee and Trent's faces in the next few pictures amuse me -  
but Stratton just wouldn't look at the camera

ha ha 

Stratton is still eating, not to be disturbed

Even Uncle Trent doesn't phase him

I finally got him to look at me, but no smile

Back to eating the goodness of tin foil dinner

I just had to capture my happiness at being in the mountains

This was Becca's first time in the mountains

Trent and Becca in the kiddie chairs

What a charmer

Becca's still got the wrong end of the sippy cup

Daniel joins in on the "now give me an intelligent look" picture

Ric, Keely, Ser

Mom and Jacob

Figured out the sippy cup, Mom

Becca loves to be outside

"This chilly feeling is new, Mom - Texas doesn't get like this!"

All tuckered out

"My head is too big for this hat, Mom"

Taking the cousins swimming

We tried to get a picture with all of us

Take two, not much better

"Noooo...why would I be rummaging through my Mom's bag looking for food?"

Grandma came to pick us up from the pool

Happy girl

Ser and the girls

Look, Ser - you can totally handle having four kids

"Who DARES disturb my slumber!?!"

Serity modeling "Elephant Snot" - syrup

Lunch during Uncle Daniel's break

Rainbow girl

Rainbow twinners

We went to go visit Grandma Flegal and decided to sit out on the front lawn

"Waaa! We have to leave soon?!"

"Oh, that's good - we'll get to see Dad again."

I love pigtails!

Grandma and Becca

The weather was just beautiful for relaxing outside

Helpful Keelian picks a tomato from Grandma's garden

"No, I won't give it to you, Mom - it's mine, fair and square."

Trouble-maker...but a cute one

Becca loves to steal unsuspecting people's glasses

Two people I love

See this long hair?

Yeah, it's really long

 I decided to chop it off

We started with removing a foot's worth

Take your last look!

Sharlee tries out a "wig" on Dad

No more hair for Becca to pull on

Eek! Look at that pile of hair! And that's not the part in the braid!

Becca playing blocks with Grandpa and Grandma

She likes to knock down what Grandpa builds

She got her teasing nature from Grandpa, I think

The flight back to Texas was better than her first, although I didn't have Devin to help me

We held a memorial service in Houston for Devin's dad on Saturday the 13th, the day after Becca and I arrived.  There were hundreds of people in attendance.  The program was much like the one at the funeral in Salt Lake, with some changes - like that I sang "For Good" with Alaire.  It was amazing to see how many people's lives Dad has touched.

Devin left for a conference in St. Louis, immediately after the memorial service luncheon for the family.  Becca and I made the decision to stay in Sugar Land with the family and help out for the next week. Devin joined us after his trip for a few days too.

Just a random picture taken while at the Moore's

Becca's first taste of candy - while Devin and I were sorting through Dad's closet, Becca thought she'd help herself to Dad's supply of Santa's candy canes, and actually opened one all on her own...You know that moment when you realize that things have been quiet for too long?? :)

We lost several videos that were taken while in Idaho, Utah, and Sugar Land - including 3 Friday videos.  I was pretty devastated about it, but here's one from Sugar Land that survived - Becca learned how to get from a laying/crawling position to sitting:


After 3 weeks of being away from home (which seemed much longer than that!), on Saturday the 20th, Devin and Becca and I returned to College Station, and tried to get back into the normal routine.  I taught Relief Society the day after we got home. We had our good friends, the Brimley's, over for Family Home Evening.  I was so sick with such a bad sore throat for several days, that I finally went to the doctor - which I had never done before!  Turned out to not be strep, for which I was grateful.  We went to a fun Emergency Prep Fair in Bryan - Devin loved that we got to sit in the police car and tour a demo smoke house, a fire truck, and one of those huge vans that goes around filming disasters.  And I loved that we got free seeds.  

Here's Becca's developing crawl:


Back in the hot Texas climate

SO happy to be home with her favorite person: Daddy

They love to play together

We can't believe how fast she's growing up

Almost 8 months old

Other things of note the last week in August - we went out to dinner (which is rarer than rare!) at Chili's and got a flat tire for our efforts, we went to a good-bye dinner for Devin's colleague, Jon Re, and we had my friend, Nefilinda, over for a game night.  
It was certainly a very full month - but we're grateful that we got to spend so much time with family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment