Monday, April 23, 2012

Bringing Honor to Our Family

Devin is still currently involved in Corporate Challenge (I believe I posted about it earlier - but it's a city-wide, three month long, multi-sport competition between companies that are put into teams to encourage health and foster networking).  This last Saturday was the swim meet and Devin had volunteered to be Coach for his team, "Corporately Challenged".  

Here he is in all his Coachly glory, giving instructions before the meet began.


Becca and I decided to come cheer him on, even though the meet took place during Becca's afternoon nap. Here's a rare shot where Becca was actually sitting on the bench with me - she was not inclined to stay put with all that water so close and so many people to meet.


Can you see the excitement in his eyes? Devin misses swimming.


After warming up in the pool, he's more than ready!


Becca wasted no time in making a best-friend-of-the-afternoon, they were pretty cute together.


I was happy whenever her interest in people won over the lure of the pool water - but mostly I was dragging her away from trying to step in to wade on the pool steps.  She wasn't happy about that.  I brought her swimsuit on the chance that she'd be able to get in the pool, but unhappily, I forgot a swim diaper.  Kind of crucial.


Dad had a little break and graciously supervised some splash time.


She's learning her daddy's love of the pool.


But honestly, she doesn't have much of a choice in Devin's mind! :)


Which is wonderful in my opinion, I wish I could swim better.


Maybe she'll be a life guard like her dad too one day; she's obviously got the looking cute part down:


I love to see how much these two enjoy each other!


Becca gave Dad a victory hug after he won his first race, the 200 meter free-style:


She was so pleased when he waved before his second race, the 100 meter free-style:


Last minute warming up of the arms:


On his mark, set...


...GONE!  I tried to get a close action shot of Devin swimming, and for my efforts became soaked and got this gem (no, I did not fall in, I just forgot how much he splashes when he does his flip-turn):


This is the best I could do - Devin is the one in the lead.  "Good form, Peter!"


Devin placed first in his second race too!  Huzzah!



His third, and last, race was the 50 meter back-stroke.  I decided to film this one:


And he won again!  Afterwards, Becca and I stepped out into the sun to try to dry off a tad.  She didn't mind that I gave her a mo-hawk, but didn't care for the sensation of a wet shirt sticking to her chest.


Becca got to look like a mini-Olympian with her daddy's THREE GOLD MEDALS draped about her neck!


We are so proud of Devin!  I loved watching him "in his element".

No comments:

Post a Comment