Sunday, March 14, 2010

There was one in the bed and the lonely one said...



I miss Devin!! He has been in Mexico since Monday, and doesn't get back 'til Tuesday afternoon. I'd like to pick him up from the airport, but I don't know if I'll be able to leave work that early...
Night time is the worst! All quiet and dark and lonely...this morning I woke up so early and was filled with "saudades" (a Portuguese word there is no English substitute for) - so much that I couldn't get back to sleep for awhile.
I've tried to keep busy, and have done a nice job of it (I made about...I dunno, 10 loaves of French bread), but it's still difficult. You'd think that only being married slightly less than 10 months I wouldn't be so used to having him around all the time...

"PLEASE! COME BACK! I'LL GIVE YOU A HORSE!" (a loaf of French bread to the first one who guesses the movie!)

7 comments:

  1. princess bride. boom. show me the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brn. (Buzzer sound) Wrong! Try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Oh darn - I didn't get on the computer in time to answer correctly. Good quote though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling. It never goes away even when you've been married longer! :) I still have a hard time sleeping when Adam is gone and we've been married almost 3 years... crazy. How are you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're doing great! How 'bout you, Jamie? What are you up to?

    ReplyDelete