Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If Blogging were a class...

...I would be failing.

Every time I get on my blog I get distracted by reading my friends' blogs...the time slips by and I haven't made having a blog worth it - only given myself countless guilt trips as I re-write "Update blog" on my to-do list each week, progressively working up to "UPDATE BLOG", "UPDATE BLOG!", "UPDATE BLOG!!". Yet it continues un-crossed-off (so painful!), a cancerous blight on my to-do list, too daunting of a task to re-cap the last year and a half of my life...
This would be the week to do it though. Or last week. Or next week. Devin went to San Francisco last week, is on a 50 miler hike this week, and is going to Scout Camp next week. Yes, that would be a majority of 3 weeks spent contemplating loneliness. It has given me new appreciation for Devin and his exhausting energy-level. :) I miss the thoughtful things he does for me each day, unwinding together from our busy days each night, and...just his face. I could go on, but I'll spare you.
Well, here's hoping to having our blog caught up by next Saturday. I'll pretend it's a class.

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is hard to keep up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's pretend that I'm your tutor.

    Can I be the tutor? I miss you and want a profile belly shot by Saturday. K. Thanks. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start journaling online like I do. Makes it way easy to cut and paste. Two birds with one stone. Multitasking. Learn it now b/c in about 5 1/2 months you'll need it desperately, like when you'll be breastfeeding, reading your scriptures, and folding the laundry with your feet... all at the same time! (j/k about the laundry - you know how I feel about feet.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess - agreed! We need to get together.
    Ali - you can be the tutor! But I'm going to fail that assignment too. #1 - Devin has our camera. #2 - I was too fat before getting pregnant to look cute in a profile belly shot.
    Ser - I don't even journal offline, well, sort of. I hope to get to the point where I'll write a little something each week, but I can't do that until I go backwards - I'm so anal... but I promise to never fold my laundry with my feet. ;)

    ReplyDelete